Oh me, who woulda thought that a quick microwave brownie would come out so great? I sure didn’t. But am I ever so glad that it did.
This is the dessert installment in the microwave meals project. This brownie is nice and dense, but moist at the same time! Incredible, no? The best part: you only need a single bowl to mix all your ingredients in. Wooo baby!
Here’s how you do it:
2 tbsp butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder (I use trusty Hershey’s, but any brand will do)
2 level tbsp flour
1 tsp vanilla
1. Beat egg until light. It’ll look like this.
2. Add the sugar to the mixture and mix it all up.
3. Add your cocoa powder, and again, mix.
4. Add your vanilla and, you guessed it, mix it all up real good.
5. Melt the butter and add that to your mixture. Make sure you don’t overheat your butter, you don’t want to cook the egg in the batter!
6. Pour into little custard cups or any kind of microwave safe dish. I got these little Pyrex cups (they came with lids!) just last week and I absolutely love them. They’re incredibly useful in the microwave too.
7. Place in the microwave with a few ice cubes. When you do individual cups like this, always make sure you have a larger pan underneath it. Just in case.
8. Microwave for 6 minutes. If you don’t have a rotating tray like me, turn the trays 180 degrees halfway through the cooktime to ensure even cooking.
Take out of the microwave and let it sit for 5 minutes. Then, flip out onto a dish and enjoy with whipped cream or ice cream! This recipe will make two cakes of this size so tweak the recipe to fit your needs!