I don’t know about you, but “baked” to me means “baked in the oven”. Not in the microwave. No matter how similar, nay, exactly the same they are. I discriminate.
This is the second installment of my microwave meal project. Here you go, Sara. The easiest microwave meal recipe ever.
Microwave “Baked” Potato
1 (or more!) medium to large potato
1. Wash your potato(es) reallllly well. Don’t dry them! You need the moisture on the skin.
2. Now stab stab stab your potato with a knife or fork.
Like my nail polish? It’s new.
3. Wrap your potato(es) in a paper towel and place on a microwave safe plate.
4. Set in the microwave for 6-8 minutes depending on the size of potato. Also, if you don’t have a rotating tray in your microwave like me, turn the plate 180 degrees halfway through the cooktime to ensure more even cooking.
5. After microwaving, remove the plate and cover with aluminum immediately. Let it sit for 5-7 minutes.
6. Uncover and enjoy! This is Neil’s potato. He likes his with corn and grated cheddar cheese.
This is my potato. I like cheese a whole lot. There’s also sour cream and butter underneath that. Oh boy!
Next up: microwave dessert!