Egg drop soup always seemed to be a terribly hard soup to undertake. It has strands and floaty things and the broth seems to always be so perfect when you order it from your favorite Asian restaurant that it would be simply impossible for you to make at home. However, with about 10 to 15 minutes of prep and cook time, you too can make delicious homemade egg drop soup. Thank you Giada de Laurentis for your inspiring 30 second commercial on Food Network!
Here’s what you need:
Easy Egg Drop Soup
2 1/2 cups broth (I used vegetable broth but any type, store-bought or homemade, could work)
1/2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup shredded fresh spinach
1. Bring the broth to a steady simmer, it really doesn’t need to boil, just be hot enough to cook the egg.
2. In a bowl, beat the egg slightly with the parsley and cheese.
3. Using a fork, create a cyclone in the hot broth. Then, slowly drizzle the egg mixture into the broth. Continue stirring the broth as you pour in the egg to create the wonderful strands.
4. Let the soup sit on the stove for another 3-5 minutes on medium heat.
5. Turn off heat and drop in the shredded spinach. Serve immediately!